Grammy-Award winning Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda’s return to touring is bitter sweet as the talented musician has embarked on his North American tour promoting his solo album, Post Traumatic. Shinoda’s latest work comes a year after the tragic loss of his friend, band mate and the lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington.
Shinoda’s debut full-length solo EP was released by Warner Brothers Records and features guest appearances from Blackbear, K. Flay, Chino Moreno and Machine Gun Kelly. Post Traumatic released this past June hit number one spots on the US Rock and US Alternative charts.
The Monster Energy Outbreak Tour kicked off with two shows in Canada followed by 19 shows throughout the US. On Friday, Shinoda made a stop in Tampa, FL at The Ritz-Ybor as he laid down a 22-song set that included six encores and a fantastic mix of his solo work, his side project Fort Minor and Linkin Park songs. Joining Shinoda on tour is Don Broco from Bedford, England.
As a fan, you have to love when you get to experience one of those magical moments that makes you smile when reminiscing about that moment which moves you during a performance. When the near sold out crowd sang every lyric of the Linkin Park song “In the End” in its entirety, that moment was achieved.
The songwriter, the performer, the producer, the film composer, Mike Shinoda appears to be on a journey of not only self-healing but a celebration of Chester’s life shared with each and every fan in the venue. Thanks Mike!
- Welcome (Fort Minor song)
- When They Come for Me (Linkin Park song)
- Roads Untraveled (Linkin Park song)
- In Stereo (Fort Minor song)
- Until It Breaks (Linkin Park song)
- World’s on Fire
- Castle of Glass (Linkin Park song)
- Sorry for Now (Linkin Park song)
- Crossing a Line
- Waiting for the End / Where’d You Go
- Sharp Edges (Linkin Park song)
- In the End (Linkin Park song)
- About You
- Over Again / Papercut
- Wisdom, Justice and Love (Linkin Park song)
- Iridescent (Linkin Park song)
- Make It Up as I Go
- Remember the Name (Fort Minor song)
- Good Goodbye / Bleed It Out (Linkin Park song)
- Running from My Shadow
Check Mike out at: